Sunday, January 11, 2009

Socks

I'm addicted to sock yarn. In a big way. I have made socks for my sister, Librarian DOA, Miss Phipps, my mom, husband and myself and still I have tons of sock yarn. What is it about sock yarn? Is it because it a small amount in fun colors? Is it because many knitter don't consider sock yarn stash?
I was on Raverly a site for knitters and crocheters and found a group site for The Sock of the Month group. I decided this group was for me. If I could do a sock a month I could get my stash down to maybe 2 or years of knitting ha ha.
So I started my Jan socks. I found the yarn in the back of my stash so I'm not sure anymore why I bought self striping yarn in red/orange, blue, black, and gray colors. Maybe it was on sale? Anyway I have started my Jan pair just a plain sock to show off the self striping and picked out a pink color for Feb and a green for March. We'll see how I do.

2 comments:

Donell said...

Make me socks then!

Knitting In The Stacks said...

I can put your name on the very long list that I have but I can say when or if I will get to them.