Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No July socks

Since I didn't get any socks finished in July for sock of the month club (see Socks, Socks, Socks) I thought I would do a sock book review. I'm afraid to admit how many sock books that I own and vowed to not buy anymore when Wendy Johnson came out with Socks From The Toe UP.
I have other toe up books but I have only successfully made one pair (out of many) toe up socks. I don't like the short row heal. Well Wendy must have been reading my mind and put 3 different kind of heals and toes in her new book. I first checked it out at the Library, telling myself that this would keep me from buying it. Well after taking it home and reading through it I decided that I had to have it. I like the different styles and illustrations.
My review is if unlike me you don't get almost every sock book out there my two favorites are: Wendy's Socks From The Toe Up and Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch.

P.S. I did two pairs of sock in Feb and March so I'm still on track with a sock a month. The problem is I have enough sock yarn to go for another year or two.

No comments: