Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weaving

I have always wanted to try weaving. I remember as a little girl sitting on the basement steps at my paternal grandmothers house watching her weave on a big floor loom. She used to say it was the only time I would sit still for any length of time. I did get a small plastic table loom one year for Christmas when I was younger but I don't remember what happen to it.

I was thinking about looms again and my enabler Pam at Knitters Palette suggested Ashfords Knitters Loom. I went on line and started my research. Well that are dozens of small looms and all types of reviews both good and bad on all. What's a girl to do?

So I went on the Raverly site ( the best there is for spinning, knitting, crochet, and weaving) and found some groups with topics about "Help what loom does a beginner get?"
I have decided on the Ashfords Knitter Loom after all. They have a 20" that will use both bulky and lace weight yarn. I hope that I will be able to get my yarn stash down so that next year I can start a new addiction. Spinning.

I will post pictures when I get the loom and write about how it goes.
As far as knitting I have several projects that I have to block then I can post some more pictures.
For now I can't knit because I hurt my wrist doing spring garden clean up. Darn weeds.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Waiting to see your first weaving project!