Sunday, February 21, 2010

Second event

Since I finished my first event so quickly (it has to be a gold medal) I entered a second category.
UFO's (UFO's are unfinished projects.) I had started a class just before the Olympics for Fiddlehead mittens. Fiddlehead mittens are a color work design on the outside with a second softer material for the inner mitten. In other words two mittens in one.
I used Pain Box and Cascade 220 for the outer mitten and Louise Harding's Kimone angora Pure for the inside.
I finished these last night and now I'm starting a black and red Skull hat for the event Gift for a Friend. The Olympic deadline (closing ceremonies) has been a good catalyst for me to get some projects done and use up some stash yarn. What can I use after the Olympics to keep going and reach my goal for the year of doing some serious stash busting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are neat! They must be so warm!