Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Still winter

Yes it is still winter in Minnesota. I love winter but some of my co-workers who have to drive long distances aren't very happy that it's snowing again.
You have two types of winter in MN. Cold, dry, and sunny ( below zero or close to it) or warm, slushy and gray. I like the warm, slushy and gray. It makes a better excuse to stay in the house and knit. Cold, dry and sunny shows all dust, cat and dog hair, spiderwebs and general mess that is around the house. Then I feel that I have to clean instead of knit and watch old movies. It's also a Minnesota pride thing that make us go out even though it freezing just to say "Ha the cold doesn't bother me, I'm from Minnesota".

When spring comes it's time for the garden. I take care of mine and my moms so it doesn't give me much time to knit. In case you haven't caught on I'm addicted to knitting. Some say obsessed.

I like winter so I can concentrate on my knitting and watching old movies. It's ground hog day today so it looks like 6 more weeks of knitting I mean winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the slushy, warmer days too. Then we can go outside for a little while and try to cure our cabin fever! M